About Us

My photo
Southern, California, United States
My sister and I are "Annie Louise". We live in sunny Southern California. Ever since we were kids our mom would take us to estate sale and garage sales. So I guess it is only natural that we still both love to go to garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores--- nothing more exciting than the thrill of the hunt and the find!! Our style is a cross between rustic, shabby chic and beachy. We are both new to blogging, but have decided to start our own blog. We hope you find this blog interesting and come back to visit often. Thanks for visiting, Jackie and Jeanette

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

White Wednesday Laundry

When my sister and I were kids, we dreaded doing the laundry. Downstairs in the cold, dark basement, sure that there were creeping crawlies hanging out down there, then having to trudge up the stairs carrying load after heavy load of laundry, through the hall, through the kitchen, out the back door, down more stairs to the furthest part of the grass, to hang the clothes up on the clothesline. All this to be repeated quickly in reverse when we had to bring the clothes inside, because, living in Oregon, we were always on the lookout for rain. Well now, we are grown and look at clotheslines and clothes swaying in the gentle breeze completely differently. It is so relaxing to do the wash and hang it out on the line.



Listening to the chirping birds, taking in the beautiful blue skies, the flowers that continue to amaze us with their survival capabilities, our Labrador Retriever, Hunter, roaming right by our side--it is a time for us to unwind, count our blessings, and realize that life is good, to savor the simple joys of living each day. Of course living in sunny Southern California—we do not have to worry about rain as much as we did when we were kids living in Oregon. For other white Wednesday eye candy head on over to Kathleen at Faded Charm. Wising you a relaxing, blessed day—Jackie, Jeanette and Hunter

http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-wednesday-63.html


8 comments:

  1. hehehe I also use to that with my sisters i miss then now hehhe nice photos indeed...following you follow back if you can...from

    Chronicle of An Inconsistent Mom
    Inside Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Girls

    what a lovely white wednesday post. Hunter is a precious. Great reminder to all of us to count our blessings and to be thankful for the gifts each and everyday. Can't wait to see you two QT's at the flea. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about hanging the laundry out on the line to dry. Everything looks so crisp, and smells so fresh.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hang laundry on the line, especially sheets. They are so crisp and smell so good when you crawl into bed. Alas, my clotheslines were removed last year and I haven't gotten around to putting new ones up. I need to do that.

    Hunter is adorable.

    I enjoyed your post today. La

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's one thing I miss from growing up-my mom used to hang the laundry out on the line-I may have to ask my husband to get me a line! Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing like hanging laundry on a line. I have an umbrella in the back and besides my undies and socks and things like that, everything goes on the line. Thank you for your lovely comments on my End of Summer post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that brings back such memories. Where I now live, clotheslines are not permitted ~ I always tell my husband that I want to move for that reason alone:) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't seen laundry hung outdoors in forever. What a treat.

    Check out our new Giveaway Friday linky party every Friday. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete