About Us

My photo
Southern, California, United States
My sister and I are "Annie Louise". We live in sunny Southern California. Ever since we were kids our mom would take us to estate sale and garage sales. So I guess it is only natural that we still both love to go to garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores--- nothing more exciting than the thrill of the hunt and the find!! Our style is a cross between rustic, shabby chic and beachy. We are both new to blogging, but have decided to start our own blog. We hope you find this blog interesting and come back to visit often. Thanks for visiting, Jackie and Jeanette

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Loving Spring

I love SPRING!!  The weather is great not too hot (yet), the flowers start to bloom, the sweet smell of fresh mowed grass--it is just a glorious time.

Here are a few flowers from our garden.  Now I must say I adore lilacs, I was born and raised in Oregon, and our Mom had a beautiful garden with about 4 wonderful lilacs, full of blooms and that wonderful scent.  So below is a picture of our one lilac bloom from our lilac that we have had for about 5 years here in California.  Lilacs are not abundant in Southern California (well not like in Oregon) so we have to be content with what lilacs we have here.   Anywho, here are a few pictures of some flowers in our garden---YEAH Spring.






Hope you all are enjoying your Spring.  My thoughts and prayers are with those that are still experiencing terrible, horrific weather.
Jeanette

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers, I love them all. I just came in from working in my garden. Last year I was so busy that I just let it go. I'm determined this year not to do the same!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete